Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

There isn't a definitive answer to this question but I am curious...do you define it by dates, style, influence, popularity, sound? In your mind what makes a rock band "classic"?

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, if any of the words in the rock band contain 'led, rolling, beatles, hendrix, doors, dylan, grateful, pink, or stones', then chances are, this makes them a classic rock band. ;)
the sound, the way they last through the years, the way they present them self(s). the weave of the guitars. the vocie(s), the melody,the way it frees you or takes you places. thats how i would define classic rock.
The fact that no matter how many years have passed, they have never gone out of style. Their music is as fresh now as it was then. It's wonderful to see young people turn on to the Beatles or other groups from the sixties.

Cherokee Billie
www.cherokeebillie.com
Rock roots are black IKE TURNER and CHUCK BERRY
The music of the 60's and 70's, without a doubt.

A lot of classic rock purist say ''classic rock'' was an era. 1965 to 1975.

I agree, but personally I'd expand the era to 1964 to the end of the 70's. And I'd through in the first 5 years of the 80's. After that rock music slowly went downhill, with a lot of hits and misses, over the last 20-25 years.

So, in my opinion, any rock music that was recorded between 1964 and 1985 can be called, ''classic rock''.
Its the sound man, no sound has never been the same after Classic rock went downhill.

By the way my favorite music group is Creedence Clearwater Revival but I dont see group here, it can be aligned to Classic rock.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!