Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

A huge question indeed! And a very popular one! This was posted as a question on our Facebook Fan page earlier, and it got 32 responses in just one hour! Take a look at some of the great responses:

So who do you think is better, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath, and why?

Views: 2136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know about the Stones selling out Earls Court for 5 nights!  I don't know if they ever played there.  I know that Led Zep played 7 nights in LA (at least) in 1975 because I went to see them at the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Ca. and I think on that tour they played there at least 2 nights.  And that was in addition to the 7 nites at the LA Forum!!  As far as any other states where they probably played in '75 I'm not sure but anyone can look it up on their website cuz it lists all the concerts they ever did!!  Thanks for your thoughts Amstel & Glen!

Hi Amstel& Shirley  I don't have numbers or whatever,I know they both sold out a lot of music.I also know personally the Stones lost part of their whayever after Exile & basically Zeppelin did as well after Graffitti

Hi Amstel& Shirley, I don't have exact number hell in matter of fact its hard enough for me to remember my own number lol They both pretty much were the main draws but personally both it seemed lost something after their double lps.Stones Exile was the beginning & end sure they had a few songs here and their and Some Girls but basically they were already a over pompous act that didn't even resemble the ones I loved.Zeppelin was also doing a Swam song pardon the pun but they were already done in my book.After Graffitti  their music was just done.I know many don't feel the same but I actually listen to it all and love music have heard most on all different types of gear as well as recordings& maybe its just me I never followed everyone else I always had different tastes pretty much.So maybe its just me,Black Sabbath now I loved every lp except for 1 or 2 at the end.They went through very distinct stages when it wasn't just a money thing.Zeppelin just seemed to well I can't even explain? Bluntly all of their side solo lps except for a song or 2 well maybe 3 interested me at all.Then I compare other artists like Michael Schenker and his energy as well as creativity in whatever phase he was in and he went through some trying moments personally as well as financially but he always could write music that holds its own against anyone past or present & that's not even including his guitar mastery.Only a few other artists have kept me passionate through out the ups and downs & turn arounds.Deep Purple King Crimson whatever version Pink Floyd for the most part.Division Bell I thought was well I am not going to start that again lol Have a good evening

Hi Jeff,  Well sales maybe so but  Justin bieber and that rosana Montana would beat them both .That doesn't mean I am going to listen to them though lol I'm like Bill Hicks I don't care if my rock stars die in puddles of bloody vomit as long as they jam they ROCK and I love them lol

Hi everyone.My 2nd day on here and I wanted to thank everyone for not only the music but your observations because my ears are wide open(that is when I take the  time to shut up my big mouth lol) I mentioned a few times before in my previous life (On Here once lol)  that Sabbath wins easily. Now don't take offense Zepp fans because I love Zepp, but 1 distinct factor makes it a no contest.Much of their music was ripped off from other bands so its not theirs exclusively.Lucifer's Friend 1 of my favorite band's  wrote a song on their 1st called" Ride the Sky."Listen to it and compare it to the "Immigrant Song". Then compare: Stairway to Heaven' to Spirit's ;Taurus'. Their are others and I even heard Robert Plant once mention something to that nature about many of their blues songs he felt bad tampering with the lyrics or something.That makes Black Sabbath who only copied some of their main concepts image so on behind the band.Ozzie's name was probably stole
 from Coven who had a bass player by the same name Oz Osborne. This is a few years prior to Black Sabbath assault on the rock scene..Ozzies real 1st name is John I think.. Historys mass manipulated media nfamy betrayal of Coven who were cruelly cheated. The masses of manipulated minions werent ready possibly anyways.Jinx took the dark side way further then anyone before and opened the doors that were slammed shut for many others.Coven's venturing into places others were terrified to travel.Witchcraft & occult black magic mass etc on stage etc.Later Black Sabbath utilized this but were cautious of not over stepping into oblivion by angering the owners who make and break careers.Time or bad timing was what destroyed Covens stake in the rock world.. So the dark persona image that catapulted Sabbath to their lofty status in the rock music industry,may well been Influenced by Jinx Dawson& Oz Osborne and other founding members of Coven..Jinx years ago i was
 blessed to have spoke to her a few times.She shared not only her autograph on some CD's but also somepublicity pictures are proudly displayed on my wall withf my most treasured music and inspirational people.Coven was never gave their just due by the public because main stream manipulated twisted publicity or total ignorance. I am shamed by how a nation supposedly standing on justice freedom liberty could let these crimes prevail repeatedly then as now..Coven's black mass on stage was way beyond what the conditioned masses of America were prepared for.Sadly this is what silenced their music and supposed freedom to express their selves as well as stardom. I know Jinx isnt angered by the stardom aspect because she is a beautiful person and beyond mere mortal things like that. Jinx was cheated of her so called right to express her voice in her own way..Her beautiful voice was basically silenced for the most part until ironically the early 70's movie Billy
 Jack.Ironic because the movie was about standing up defiantly to injustice& oppression no matter what the odds..The song ':One Tin Soldier" I seen the movie at the Commodore theare in Chicago & it actually opened my mind (quite literally I got my head split open in the theater lol)  Of course the same things are evident today as the owners sell their evil agendas twisting the news and what the public thinks.Truth is treason in a tyranny of lies. Also sadly somehow  another troubling travesty &betrayal of Coven and especially Jinx because she loved Tommy Bolin as myself and many others and had a conversation about the recording as well as her friendship with Tommy.1st tin most circles not only ignored the lp but later wouldnt even mention Tommy Bolin's guitar contribution on it.Then the real travesty was when they cruelly lowered their scandalous selves to new lows spinning a tale that Jinx used witchcraft to kill him after he played guitar on
 Coven's"Black Swan" release. Sadly after on Decemeber 4th 1976 Tommy Bolin passed away. in Miami opening for Jeff Beck was his last physical worldly appearance,but his last physical studio playing is "Black Swan" For years they never mentioned it as well as Jinx's other major contributions.I am posting Covens  Black Swan for you today whew just whew enjoy.l

yeah i love zeppelin also. I also know a lot of real life musicians that are not impressed with how zeppelin ripped off music. This is something they would never get away with now. Imagine if that happened with a new band now?? Their image would be destroyed within a couple months. I used to have a party room in my home and decorated with posters, rock decor and beads as you entered. I remembered after my post how we overplayed Zeppelin and Black Sabath in that room. Some great times and great memories. Waiting for you to post black swan. Only "black Swan" i know of is by thom yorke also associated with Radiohead.  And one of my guilty pleasures outside of the classic rock box here. Fan of radiohead and thom yorke. 

This Black Swan is an imposter.Not bad but not the Black Swan I was referring to is on youtube.Just google Black Swan Or Coven Jinx probably even Tommy Bolin?

Yeah, I dont think they were intending to sound like the black swan you were talking about.  Just titled Black Swan and lyrics and sound are entirely different :)

lol I have 3 Black Swans on my profile videos so that was from when I 1st downloaded it I hope Jinx doesnt think its some new conspiracy or high tech method to pirate music because I have it on two different versions I bought & paid for CD's as well as 1 I even got from her autographed. So I again am swearing thatt these downloads are Covens Jinxes property.I plead the 5th 8th and the 71st I didnt do it I'm just a pooor mild mannered mortal man thats has music mania and so Im not resposible for my actions lol

educated possibly but not on this topic.Lucifers Friend was touring all over Europe and had a following and Led zeppelin opened for them the summer before Immigrant Song.Yes to a certain degree but Page & plant took it to a whole new level without a doubt. Don't take it wrong but I compare it to many today going along with things they know are untrue.Yes Zeppelin had some good stuff very good stuff for a period.John Bonham was a very skilled drummer as Jones on bass but after awhile they couldn't even tough anything from any of their earlier works.Jeff beck in his up and down but always guitar god playing still makes music that engages the listener.Page & Plant are boring now at best.have a good evening 

Karen over played no never lol I remember hearing Iron Man sometimes for 4 hrs straight because my room was next door to my brothers and that was when he started learning guitar and strangely it coincided with myself learning about meditation and transcending unto another place because all the other various methods that worked for everything else be it my mother school girls trying to be hip or whatever troubles a lost teenager weren't working anymore lol It was winter as well andas much as I tried ran the gauntlet of escaping in the end I would return because the 20 below wind chill wasnt to promising of a plan . Almost anywhere other then my basement bunker apartment or the school yard alley or corner lol Later I learned (when I had enough money)how to use high powered gear to just blot it out.Anyways I really always loved Led Zeppelin but even then their were quiete a few of us that actually liked UFO more.And creatively even talent wise Jimmy Page is a guitar god.But Michael Schenker from MSG  UFO Scorpions etc personally is a better guitarist and definitely a better song writer then anyone in metal. Ozzy after the tragic plane crash that took Randy Rhodes life tried to recruit Michael Schenker.Michael wanted to do his own thing and as Ozzy put it wanted a kings ransom in pay.They are friends even lolThe Stones also tried for Jeff Beck or Michael Schenker.  Jeff Beck who also hails from the Yardbirds could play as well as anyone but creative and groundbreaking on the guitar as  he is honestly he hasnt really ever wrote much music.Michael Shenker has put out excellent rock & roll for 40 years.Music or styles of playing even various methods or gear are all subjective to whomever is listening.I like to feel that it is the only time that 1 is actually free.I know it frees me and everyone has their own reasons I got mine you got your and as long as my stereo is louder we will be alright just joking lol   Thats the wrong Black Swan posted lol Ill try and find it I don't know how I ever did that bbecause I listened to it? But like I said I am not functioning on all cylinders lwatch out world when ever I am lol

yeah heard iron man for hours on end. surprised my son wasn't born singing iron man.  We appreciated the new sound so much we loved all of the bands equally. I can't remember anyone criticizing any of the rock bands. We wanted to see them all in concert. Really was the best of times. I remember everyone couldn't get enough rock music. Yeah, I know it was the wrong black swan.. :) I'll have to check for your latest posts.. 

wow Im a space & time traveler or better a spaced out time traveller  lol I was here and you werent my dear so somehow Im back and there you are again lol I had to try and get my mistake rectified I had to 1st find this blog again that was not on my page anymore and then I was somehwere where a Ward guy and some others were in conflict over the Black Zeppelin dilemma.I actually remembered the Ward guy because at 1st I thought it was Bill and I was in shock because he was on the Zeppelin side betraying his own. Well he wasnt a member.So Bills alright and his name sake is as well so alls cool nobody didnt betray anyone We have enough of that with our beloved leaders pied piping everyone to the river of doom without a paddle By the way I don't vote so I didnt betray anyone lol  Anyways I quickly added my spin to theirs and went off to finsih my task and returned and here you are? Thanks for guiding me but again I can't find my way home Im lost in space  lol

RSS

Most Popular Discussions 

Featured CRN Content!

The True Definition of Classic Rock!

Come debate the true definition of classic rock!

List of Great Classic Rock Cover Bands To See
Relive your classic rock favorite bands with these great cover bands.

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!