Being a classic rock music lover like myself, I am always looking to find new music in the style of classic rock and to share it with other fans like the readers of the site. So I thought I would put together a quick discussion to reveal my favorites and to find out everyone elses too.
Here are some of my favorite newer classic rock inspired bands, and who they sound like:
- The Raconteurs (Jack White's band, with definite Led Zeppelin and The Who influence)
- The Black Crowes (still going strong, southern blues rock at its best)
- Wolfmother (another immitator of Led Zeppelin, with Doors influence too)
- Them Crooked Vultures (obvious Led Zeppelin influence due to John Paul Jones in the lineup)
- The Black Keys (very bluesy, Allman Brothers influenced at times)
And a special mention to newer bands:
- Black Country Communion (with John Bonham on the drums! - check them out here)
- Big Bang (great new Norwegian band with huge Led Zeppelin influence - check them out here)
- Rival Sons (awesome new South Cali based classic rock influenced band - check them out here)
- White Wizzard (shades of Rush, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden - check them out here)
So those are mine... what are your favorite newer classic rock inspired bands? Please comment below and let's get a great discussion started! I will add your favorites to this list too.
I like bands like Wolfmother and The Black Crowes but they are transparently revival music rather than bands that have taken a sound and progressed with it. There is certainly nothing wrong with that and it beats the hell out of taking your music in an idiotic direction just because it's 'the new sound'. I rather like bands that have managed to keep alive the progression and not just the sound.
Cool! I have their video ~I don't know~ on my page if you haven't already... check it out...pretty sweet song and video! :D
cool! I'll do that!:]
Big fan of The Tea Party. Great Canadian band, (not American Political party, LOL)
Here's a sample:
They split up for a few years, but recently re-united. We saw them live, Dec. 2011. Great show! :-D
Yes Tea Party is a great band! Saw them in 2003 I believe and they were awesome! :) Sounded exactly like the cd but better! love that!!!!
Black Stone Cherry is a fantastic southern rock band. A friend from Kentucky introduced me to them. They really rock! \m/
Black Stone Cherry are awesome!
Another band who I love at the moment are Shinedown.....they do an awesome cover of Skynyrds Simple man!
I love Frank Turner.
He may not draw up images of classic rock artists directly, but he definitely has a passion for the genre.
Check out these tunes:
That one, 'I Still Believe' is literally about the influence of classic rock.
Check out these lyrics:
'Now who'd have thought that after all, something as simple as rock n' roll would save us all.'
'I still believe in the saints, yeah in Jerry Lee and Johnny and all the greats.'
Here's another one about Bob Dylan, which is actually an interpretation of one of Dylan's songs:
Graveyard from Sweden!!!