Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

Self explanatory really, what system do you have, amp, speakers,cassette decks, turntables, graphic equalisers etc, or do you just play it through MP3 Ipod or computer?

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lately I have just been burning songs onto cd's from the computer and listen to them thru my Infinity sound system in my truck (has six speakers w/sub woofer)..the sound is good but nothing beats my quad system (yeah remember quad??) I purchased in 1975/76 while stationed in Germany. The heart of the system is a Marantz 4400 quad/stereo receiver (thing must weigh 50 pounds) with the SQ-2 matrix adapter and the CD-400 demodulator, a Dual 1229Q turntable, Teac A-450 cassette deck and four JBL-65 Jubal speakers. One of these days a classic Teac 3340S reel-to-reel to top it off. Still can find quad albums..just picked up Best of the Doors on quad. Rock on...

Attachments:

I bet that sounds fantastic !

It really does rock..the last night before leaving Sembach Germany I cranked it up listening to ZZ Tops Fandango album..nobody got any sleep and the First Sargeant wanted to say something the next morning but I think he was glad I was leaving..lol. I think I spent close to $4K on my equipment..that was a lot of money back in 1976.

Yes it was a lot, but if you want to listen to music properly, you have to pay for it. My wife went beserk in 1985 when I paid £800 each for my Sansui speakers, mind you they were worth every penny, each cabinet has 6 speakers in it and a 17.5 inch bass speaker. 28 years later they are still working perfectly, and I am still using my Technics direct drive turntable I purchased in 1979. I have listened to my daughters "version" of playing music, and quite honestly it's awful, digital technology - my arse, there is no bass no high end oh and no mid range either, it sounds like the transistor radios I had in the early 60's. So that's what the digital age has done - taken music sound back to the 60s. NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL PROGRESSION !!!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha

I don't even want a MP3 player and even cd's have a rather flat sound too. But I remember back in the 60's my neighbor had one of those great Carver amps with real tubes. The darn thing hummed when it was warming up plus he had a couple of those Klipsch speakers. Can't remember what brand turntable but when he played a Rolling Stones album it "really" sounded like you were there in the studio..the highs and lows were so clean and deep. That's when I decided I wanted a high end audio setup for myself.

RSS

Most Popular Discussions 

Featured CRN Content!

The True Definition of Classic Rock!

Come debate the true definition of classic rock!

List of Great Classic Rock Cover Bands To See
Relive your classic rock favorite bands with these great cover bands.

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!