Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

There were many One Hit Wonder Bands in the 60's & 70's....So what was your favorite One Hit Wonder Song ?  ( Heavy Rock to Soft Rock )

Views: 1519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right off hand all I can think about is "Brandy " by Looking Glass....How about HeadEast with " Never Been Any Reason "I'm not too sure if they were a one hit wonder band....

Come On Bro....It's Got A Hook...lol

I've heard these songs growing up and still hear them played on the radio...They all have a place in music history.....better vor worst they are there....But yes I like RADAR LOVE....

You know whats funny in my personal truck I listen to XM satellite Radio and in my work truck I listen to the oldies channel of 60's & 70's music so I'm always listening to old and new music and it's all good Bro....Or maybe I;m just been brain washed...LOL...No...It's All Good....

Cool Bro...I'm sure something will come to ya....

One that really fits in this category is D.O.A by Bloodrock. 

And there's much better Head East music than "Never Been Any Reason." If you've ever listened to the Flat as a Pancake album you'll know songs like "Jefftown Creek" and "Love me Tonight." Unfortunately they will always be measured by their one-hit.

Use to know Bloodrocks drummer James Cobb backed in the late 80's..nice guy with lots of stories of sex,drugs and rock and roll. Formed out of Ft.Worth in the late 60's..D.O.A. peaked at #34 in early '71.

A few of my favorite one-hit-wonders...

Double Shot of My Baby's Love- The Swingin' Medallions (surprised the censures didn't ban this song)

War - Edwin Starr (one of the best anti-Vietnam war songs during the period)

Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer (Eddie Cochran original to this heavy metal screaming ten years later)

Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman (featured in the movie The Magic Christian)

Take A Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed (again surprised the censures didn't ax this baby)

Green Tambourine - Lemon Pipers ( played this over and over during junior high..top ten bubble gum)

Time Has Come Today - The Chamber Brothers (best song released in 1968..had everything)

Are You Ready? - Pacific, Gas & Electric (Charlie Allen lead singer...wished there was more)

Stay With Me - Faces (only one Top 40 hit from Rod Stewart and company..but it rocked)

Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats (surprised these guys from down under didn't have more hits)

Timothy - The Buoys (ever listen to the words..it's about cannibalism..weird stuff for a laid back song)

So there you go rockers...

Now there's a true one-hit wonder.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!