Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

I believe this discussion never ends...who is the best and who is overrated? Who influenced most, who tried the craziest things? Wanna know your opinion of who you think the top 5 classic rock guitar players are!

Views: 1730

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well who are your top 5 first? ;) We want to know your opinion as well...
My personal Top 5:

1. Jimmy Page
2. Ritchie Blackmore
3. Eric Clapton
4. David Gilmour
5. Robert Frapp

Jimmy Hendrix is extra. He was surely the greatest, but his carreer was so short and crazy...the others tried, invented and influenced more I think.
Yeah, I agree with you. Page is number one...his influence is incredible. I looked at your page, cannot find the vid of Alex Lifeson. I am curious and always open to new things! :-)
I think Vaughn is a bit overratet. He never tops Blackmore, Page or Clapton! ;-)
Okay, he's talented. He's good. But I rate my Top 5 not only after Talent. Mhm...Blackmore stands behind sooo much, Page also. They are like Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep....kind of masterminds.
Come on! He wrote and cowrote a loooot of songs and made many many of compositions. He was the primary song writer!

Okay. Time for my top 5... pretty standard, but had to throw the amazing Carlos Santana in there too. The guy is a genius!

1: Jimmy Page
2: Jimi Hendrix
3: Carlos Santana
4: Eric Clapton
5: David Gilmour

Yeahhh Santana is amazing.

I wouldn't put Santana on that list. Iommi.

1.Jimmy Page

2.David Gilmour

3.Micky Moody

4.Angus Young

5.Slash ( Estranged of UYI2) 

1. Frank Zappa

2. Duane Allman

3. Steve Gaines

4. Alex Lifeson

5. Tony Iommi

I love Jack White and his work. From White Stripes, over The Raconteurs and cooperation with The Kills. He has a lot of a Classic Rockstar, and he's soo talented! Totally agree!

But I think you are kidding me, put Ritchie Blackmore down to the bottom! Ayyy...:-P

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!