Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

Did anyone see the Dylan biopic "I'm Not There"?
It was amazing, in my opinion.
Captured Dylans essence extrodinarily well.
Dylan fans all over should see the movie?

If you did see, how did you like it?

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

no need for question mark on the second to last sentence, sorry.
I missed this - really wanted to see it though. Must have been weird seeing so many people play Bob!
I saw it, but I can't say I was all that impressed. I know it probably did a wonderful job in analyzing Dylan as a person, but I was interested in learning more about his music. I don't know, I enjoyed Julie Taymor's use of the Beatles songs in Across the Universe much more. It seemed more creative and it got at the essence of the time period and the impact the Beatles music had on her personally. I am an aspiring filmmaker and I would like to use the stories in several of Bob Dylan's songs as the outline for a film. The stories contained in his lyrics are more interesting to me than whether or not he is an esoteric jerk or a peaceful poet. Just a difference of taste.
lyk not only have I seen it but I own it, in fact I bought the film before seeing it and I wasn't disappointed. I thought it comical to see Christian Bale sporting a fro talking like a evangelist I almost choked on my soda when I first saw it. There was a extraordinary cast to the film lyk I won't go there with the actors, lyk you can read about that in my book; but I will say that it was great to see RICHIE HAVENS (WAHH HOOO) his part in the film is one of my favourites. I'm trying to express the abridged critique of the film, well first lets just say that I loved the film. Second it was quite a heavy and majestic project to tackle the many lives and personalities of BD. lyk I'm gonna stop there considering there is much to say about it and lyk at the moment I misplaced my brain or it rather ran away from me so I have to catch it and put it back in my head. I will return, after these messages.

'I'm Not There' was good; I enjoyed it. 'No Direction Home' was great though--I definitely prefer it. 

What do others think of No Direction Home? Also, is 'Dont Look Back' worth a watch? 

Hi Shannon, I'm a huge Dylan fan. He's absolutely my favorite Artist, Poet and Musician. Yes, I loved the movie "I'm Not There." I agree that the movie captured Dylan's essence as well. I haven't been on this site for eons. Do you have a favorite Dylan song? I know that's a hard question if your way into Bob Dylan.

Did you see, "No Direction Home?" If not, it's a must see. The film is made in the form as a long interview with Dylan reflecting back on his personal life, but mostly focuses on his musical life. The film is interspersed with LOTS of video of his performances and more.

You have probably seen it if your a major Dylan fan. If not, watch it!   Jules

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!