Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

I love the grateful dead... what are everyones favorite greatful dead songs? I would have to say 'the music never stops' is probably my favorite. Can't beat 'truckin' too!

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

I'd have to say that after seeing them live in 69 turn on your lovelight has been my favorite dead song.
I did'nt see them in 69 but did hear a great Love Light w/Janis&Pig Pen that was something else! But man you can't narrow it down to just 1.I saw shows from 79-95 to many favorites.A good Loose Lucy though? It's gonna' be up there!
'Dark Star', 'St. Stephen', 'Jack Straw', 'The Deal', 'Let it Grow', 'Samson & Delilah', 'Estimated Prophet', 'Eyes of the World', 'Scarlet Begonias', 'Shakedown Street', 'Playin' in the Band', 'The Other One', 'Uncle John's Band', 'Morning Dew', 'Ripple' . . . to name a few, but not limited to, & not necessarily in that order. How can anyone pick a favorite? To have been a part of "it", was to have lived "The Dead".
If I Had The World To Give
the ballad of casey jones...i believe is the name and sugar magnolia
The Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion sounds and feels like skipping barefoot
in Golden Gate park on a July Morning, or walking up on the haight on a October twighlight,
It just breathes ealry AMerican Psychedelia..
Jerry rips that one, and that hammond B organ is 60's signature gold..
" strangers stopping strangers, just to shake thier hand...."
"everybodys playing, in the heart of gold band" I knew you were not like other girls.......
This is a tough one but I would have to say scarlet begonias.. prolly cause it describes the fantasy hippie chick that is gettin harder and harder to find.... its so hard to pin down a fav cause so many sounded so different in different shows ya know.. I mean i could say jack a roe from fallout from the phil zone, but the same song on other recordings isnt so great..... and they are all that way.... thats like tryin to say whats your favorite bootleg? I mean there are highlights to all of em that kick ass but overall favorite? Cant say
I think the fantasy hippie chick girlfriend is portrayed more in sugar magnolia.
all dead songs are ny fav :)
eyes of the world.
terrapin station: at a siding.
jack straw.
Weather Report Suite: Part 2 (Let It Grow)
turn on your lovelight.

theres so many good ones.
"Drivin' That Train" and "I Will Get By".

RSS

Featured CRN Content!

The True Definition of Classic Rock!

Come debate the true definition of classic rock!

List of Great Classic Rock Cover Bands To See
Relive your classic rock favorite bands with these great cover bands.

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!