Classic Rockers Network

Classic Rock Fan Community: Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Doors & More

Jimi hendrix was a legend and it was a travesty that he died so young. If he were still alive today, what do you think his music would be like, if he was even still playing. I like to think he would have turned into a santana type person. Gradually fading away, but collaborating every now and again. Or do you think he would have just faded away sooner? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts...

Views: 321

Replies to This Discussion

I think he would still be jammin and utilizing all the latest technology to further distance himself as the greatest guitarist who ever lived and would constantly be re-inventing himself and still be doing things that are way ahead of it's time.
Oh yeah I think the man would still be going at it, but am I the only one that thinks he would be sad to see what condition the world and the music industry is in nowadays? I know that if I went for the long sleep when music was at its peek, and woke up to the crap kids listen to today... I wouldnt be too thrilled. But yeah, he'd keep rockin', I dont think anything could nake the man crawl back into his cold guitarless grave.
And yeah I think he might fade away swiftly, Kids these days just dont know what they are hearing anymore.
If he kept writing music, I don't know if he would have faded, really, just because it really seems like his heart and soul were in it. I suspect the same with him that I do with Morrison. Some of these folk (Morrison, Hendrix, Janis..) might've been done some justice dying while they were ridiculously ahead.
I think he would have ventured into different types of playing styles. Starting with Jazz but mainly playing the blues and doing alot of collabing w/ other blues/rock artist
As evidenced by his music that he had been working on just prior to his death, Jimi was moving to a jazz-fusion stance. I think he would have been like one of my other favorite aural painters...Jeff Beck...utilizing all of the latest equipment upgrades to continually expand his audible palette and always be pushing against the accepted boundaries of guitarists. It would have really been interesting to see what Jimi would have done with a guitar-synth. I also think he would have been like Frank Zappa and learned how to use a Synclavier to be able to paint what he heard in his head and not be bound by the limitations of other musicians. Just my humble opinion... ;)
Pushing the boundaries...as always!!!! ;-)
I definitely think he would still be playing music and also touring Here is the thing he would of been older but the music will sanctify it also will purify when you love music and creation thereof the way Jimi did As far as what type I think Jimi who was an universal musican and loved many forms and I am sure would feel comfortable in most settings but his own personal taste I think he would of evolved into a fusion type of Blues/jazz
think about this beginning with Are You Expereinced and in three years created a totally different music that was to be on First Rays of the New Rising Sun (which was actually what songs that were on Cry of Love/Rainbow Bridge/War Heroes including the newest release Valleys of Neptune

FREEDOM
DRIFTING
ANGEL
IN FROM THE STORM
BELLY BUTTON WINDOW
STRAIGHT AHEAD
ASTRO MAN
NIGHTBIRDFLYING
MY FRIEND
EZY RYDER
DOLLY DAGGER
EARTH BLUES
PALI GAP
HEY BABY(NEW RISING SUN)
LOOK OVER YONDER
BLEEDING HEART
MIDNIGHT
VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE ARISING

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rich Page.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

News: Check out our full concert videos Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix and more!