Started this discussion. Last reply by ZEPFAN17 Jul 1, 2012. 20 Replies 4 Likes
I did one of these awhile back, but I wanna do a newer, and more improved, HARDER version! Are you rocker enough to take it?! Haha, this is ONLY for entertainment purposes, no bashing of any bands,…Continue
I'm a young rock n' roll obsessor.
- My favorite band is The Kinks, for I have never connected to another band's music like that of The Kinks. Ray Davies is a lyrical GENIUS and deserves to be recognized as such. Three songs that I associate myself with are: "I'm Not Like Everybody Else," "Rock N' Roll Fantasy," and "Misfits." When I listen to The Kinks, -- these three songs in particular--I feel like I'm listening to the soundtrack of my life, always being different and unique, even eccentric, and not fitting in with the other girls my age. I got the chance to see Ray live (too young to actually see the whole band live), and it was the greatest night of my life! I even waiting until after the show to get his autograph, while writing a letter to him and receiving my pictures and drawings back signed within only four days!!! Ray's my rock n' roll hero, but my main hero in life is my father, who's a "working class hero."
- People don't understand what it is like to live for music, to feel the music running through your blood and veins, keeping you alive. When I listen to my music, I cannot just sit there, I'm always allowing the essence of the music to take over my soul, (in a sense). I don't think it's odd to allow music to literally MOVE your body; it comes very naturally to me.
- I'm only 20 years old, but I know quite a bit about classic rock n' roll, from how Eric Clapton turned around his life; Robert Johnson sold his soul to Satan; Yoko Ono prevented Lennon from finding Jesus Christ in the latter years of his life, to the story behind Pink Floyd's The Wall, and everything in between.
- As an artist, I've have drawn several rock star portraits and some 120 rock logos.
- I own a lot of rock memorbilia and over 155 band tee shirts, though I hardly ever wear them.
- My fashion icons are Stevie Nicks and Pattie Boyd, though I often try to dress like a psychedelic Eric Clapton ;)
- If I could have a celebrity that I relate to the most, it would be Ray Davies, from how he values individualism and eccentricity, to being a vegetarian and loving animals.
- I came to this website to find other people like me, who LOVE to talk about classic rock music and such; I'm a really sweet and groovy kind of gal, get to know me :D
© 2023 Created by Rich Page. Powered by
Comment Wall (3 comments)
You need to be a member of Classic Rockers Network to add comments!
Join Classic Rockers Network
Hey SoulshineDiva, thanks for the comment, Duane Allman and the Allman Bros. Band was one of the few I didn't get to see...Marshall Tucker Band is a little like the Allmans...I've seen them 4 times...it's all about the Music...cheers
Wow SoulshineDiva, you are breath of fresh air...I'am a lifetime live music performance attendee since 1966...lucky enough to have seen most of the great bands of the 60's 70's Cream, Vanilla Fudge, Buddy Rich, Turtles in 1968 Doors, Blind Faith, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter just to name a few in 1969...I've been a Drummer/Band Leader/Promoter since 1966...still go to as many concerts as I can...I only have about 7 Pink Floyd tees...my fav band...Shine On...Laddy
network founder!Rich Page said…
Hey! Welcome to the site and thanks for joining! Hope you enjoy the site - love your new discussion - looking forward to hearing more from you on here!